Friday, September 23, 2011

World's worst blogger??!

So I will admit, I have been a complete failure at managing the blog!  Although I do have an excuse:  about three weeks ago my wonderful boyfriend asked me to marry him!!!!  Anyway, I kind of jumped head on into wedding mode and abandoned my blog responsibilities.  But I am back and focused on getting this thing back on the right track.  I already have a couple of recipe posts in the hopper waiting patiently for their turn.  Until then, I am going to share one of my favorite food mags: Everyday Food.

October 2011 issue

I was so excited to get my October issue in the mail yesterday.  I packed it in my school bag so I could check out what kind of recipes this issue has to offer.  I love to cook in the fall because I LOVE LOVE LOVE soups, slow cooker meals and holiday meal planning.  With four different types of chili recipes, I already know there are going to be plenty of recipes for me to try.  Another reason I love this magazine: the recipes come with nutritional facts.  Although I may not always consult them, it's a nice feature.  Especially as I try to get into wedding shape!

Here are some recipes I am looking forward to trying out and (hopefully) sharing with you:
Cauliflower Risotto
Braised Chicken with Butternut Squash and cranberries
Zucchini, Tomato and Lamb Lasagna
Lesley's Green Chili

Promise to have a recipe update real soon!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment